Foreign Credential Recognition Policy

Entrepreneurship does not require any formal credentials in order to practice or set up a business.  However, students may wish to pursue credential recognition in their field for future use in their business.  If you want to start an electrician business for example, and you want to do the electrical work, you need to have a recognized Journeyperson Certificate OR ensure that you hire someone with a Journeyperson.  You can start a business and continue to work toward obtaining your credentials if you wish, or continue to hire people to work in the business while you run it.

Should you wish to pursue credential recognition for a trade or profession within your entrepreneurial venture, please refer to the following site: Foreign Credential Recognition - International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) - which is managed by the Government of Alberta and recognized in Saskatchewan.

The International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) assesses international educational credentials and compares them to educational credentials in Canada.


« Back to International Students page